Wednesday, July 10, 2013

…And it begins.


While I love books about how God has brought restoration and healing and redemption through difficult times, most are told in hindsight, not as the people are walking through the struggles. Oh, there are still struggles, to be sure, but the bulk of it lies in the past. They are encouraging, but there is also something, for me, that is lacking.

It is one thing to look back on a difficult season and see how it all came together, how God redeemed it, and tell others to trust him because their time is coming. It is one thing to share what one learned during a certain past period of their life in order to encourage those who are there at the present. But for me, it seems like another thing entirely to say, “Hey, I am right there with you, and I know that this is hard. I know it looks dark, I know it doesn’t make sense, but today, I’m going to choose to trust God and keep moving forward. Take a few steps with me, okay?”

I have said before that, one day, I will write a book about our story. And I likely will. But I also want to write about what I am learning NOW, in the midst of the current struggle. Because I feel that what I am learning now should be told – and now, not later. I have tried several times to start this book, and I have never gotten anywhere.

It hit me yesterday that maybe it should be a BLOG, not a book. So here I am.

What I am going to try to do with this page and blog is walk through it with you. To share what God is teaching me, right now. My hope is to encourage you, if you, like me, are waiting for your redemption and trusting God for something you only see in the distance.

Now, to be quite honest, I truly have no idea what this will look like. I am not even sure if I should be doing this, if this is what God wants me to do. On the one hand, I feel it is; on the other, I wonder if I am just trying to be someone I am not. I am a fantasy writer, not a marriage blogger. (Or, so I currently think haha!) Besides that, I have never been super reliable when it comes to posting something every day, so it will be a challenge for me to do that. I will try my best, though. 

Thank you for coming alongside me in this journey. I am unsure of what exactly I am doing, but I am excited to see where this goes.

1 comment: